Your Personal Information
To provide you with a positive experience, we need to collect some personal information, which may include full name; email; shipping address; country of residence; time zone; and information you choose to provide about your educational background, occupation and work experience. Your email address will only be used for the purposes for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
To make any contact through our website, purchase a book, register for a program or register for our subscription service, you must, knowingly and willingly provide us with the information we require to respond to you. The Safety Futures Limited website does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for events beyond our control; however, we do make every effort to keep personal information secure. We will not sell, rent, loan or otherwise pass on any personal information about you unless required to do so by law.
Session cookies are deleted when you leave our website. They are used to help maintain session details as you navigate through our online store.
Subscription Service & Conditions
By joining our subscription service, you consent to Safety Futures Limited sending you emails. These include but are not limited to program launches, program commencement dates, sales and events.
Contact us at email@example.com to unsubscribe from our subscription service at any time.
Storage of Information
We, or third parties acting our behalf may store or process info that we collect about you in countries where the standards for data protection may differ. All information is stored on secure servers. Specifically, servers used by our website are in Australia. We also work with third party service providers around the world. We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and company security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal info. However, while we have used our best efforts to ensure data security, it is your responsibility to make an informed decision on whether to proceed or refrain from using our website and online learning programs.
How Long we Keep Your Data
Where we have a legitimate business need to do so, such as to comply with legal, tax or accounting requirements, we keep the personal information we collect from you for such periods of time as are required for us to meet our legal obligations.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (such as due to backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Rights Over Your Data
You have the following rights:
- You can object to processing of your personal info, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information by using the contact details provided below.
- You can unsubscribe from our subscription service by following the unsubscribe link in the email communication itself or notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may email us at email@example.com to access, correct or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
- If we have collected and processed your personal info based on your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- You can edit your personal profile details on our online learning platform whenever you wish.
- If you have privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All data related concerns and questions are responded too by Safety Futures Limited’s appointed Data Protection Officer who can be contacted via email@example.com.
Information Stored on Our Online Learning Platforms
In addition to the personal information outlined previously, when you participate on a Safety Futures Limited online program, we and our contracted third-party providers of online learning platforms may collect and store:
- Email communications seeking user support or queries related to the program.
- Comments posted while participating in online forums with program facilitators and other program participants.
- Content submitted by you during the program such as written reflective responses and survey responses.
How we Use Your Information on a Program
In providing our online program to you, we and third parties we work with will collect, store, and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your learner account.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To send you email notification and updates about programs you are enrolled on.
- Where you are invited by a third party, such as your employer to enrol on a program, to allow that entity to monitor and track your progress.
- To award you with the relevant digital credentials, and to make direct contact with you regarding your progress and completion of the program.
- To contact you occasionally to invite you to share your views and experiences with Safety Futures Limited, and to publish customer reviews of our programs on our website or on other media channels.
- For marketing purposes, where you provide us with your consent to receive marketing communications, which may include email communications with information, news and offers of courses on our website and third party offers.
- To use your information in an aggregated format to identify trends in our programs. We may use this information in an anonymous format and may share this information with third parties.
- To enable other learners on our platform to view the information you have chosen to add to your profile.
When you create your user profile on our online learning platform, we will ask you to choose a password which enables you to access the online program. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Whom we May Share Your Information With
For the above stated purposes, we may share your info with the third parties outlined below, who have their own privacy policies and obligations under data protection laws. Third parties that may receive your information include:
- Our payment service provider Stripe.
- Contracted third-party online learning platform providers.
- Your employer if they have paid for your enrolment.
- Any entity to which we are under a duty to disclose or share your info to comply with ant legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our Terms and other legal requirements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others.
This was last updated on 27 March 2023.